Hi everyone!Gong Xi Fa Chai!!did u guys enjoy ur Chinese New Year Celebration?hope u guys enjoy d holiday and ready to start class after the long 9days of holiday..
Well..now it is time to My Family Week..let us have a review of what are d activities that we can do during this week, alrite?
Know our family member and sing the simple family song...
family coloring sheet
Suggested activities by http://www.justmommies.com/preschoolers/preschooler-education/what-family-preschool-theme :
- Have your preschooler draw a family portrait. Help him label his mom, dad, brother, sister, or grandparents in the portrait.
- Discuss family origins. Have your preschooler talk to his parents and find out his family origin. Where was he born? Where were his parents born? Where were his grandparents born? Discuss where each family member was born and what country his ancestors are from. Use a map to locate where each family member was born.
- Discuss any family traditions his family has. For example, do they have a favorite family meal or something special they do as a family during the holidays. Compare his family traditions to other families’ traditions. How are his family traditions similar or different than other families?
- Have your preschooler discuss his family. How many family members does he have? Does he know all of his cousins, aunts and uncles?
- Have your preschooler find out more about his family. He can interview each of his family members to learn more about them. Questions he might ask could be: What is your birthday and when were you born? What is your favorite thing to eat? What are your favorite things to do?
- Talk about animal families and human families. How are they the same and how are they different?
Family Flash Cards?click at the picture below to download..
Enjoy the week!